NOIVA Foundation seeks volunteers for upcoming projects among Syrian refugees in Jordan
Spend your vacation differently: Be part of a humanitarian outreach for people in misery. Their situation is dramatic. Syrian refugees depend on people who care to make a difference. What we need is charity in action, practical help, relief of suffering and true empathy for the refugees, who experienced severe loss. Become an ambassador for a humanitarian and generous spirit. Give away your love and experience the blessing of sharing.
We are looking for women, men and families who are willing to support a group of Swiss volunteers. Use your gifts and qualities to make a difference.
Your next possibilities for an outreach
- Februar 9 to 23, 2019
Deadline for application: December 30, 2018
Compulsory briefing session: January 12, 2019 (9.30 to 12.30)
- April 13 to May 4, 2019
Deadline for application: February 24, 2019
Compulsory briefing session: March 9, 2019 (9.30 to 12.30)
- October 5 to 19, 2019
Deadline for application: August 19, 2019
Compulsory briefing session: August 31, 2019 (9.30 to 12.30)
The right to make amendments is reserved to respond rapidly and flexibly to changing situations.
In your application form you specify for which of the above outreaches you are available.
The variety of work areas of each outreach depends on current possibilities and the size of the outreach team. The film of the outreach at christmas 2014 gives you a good insight in the manner of an outreach with us. Please also read the chronological outreach report about the highlights and cornerstones of the outreach. Further you find news about our work in our blog currently. (so far reports are available in german only)
Please study the following application procedure carefully. All the points and instructions are very important to apply for the outreach.
- Minimum age for single persons is 18.
- Famillies with children in school grade 6 or older are welcome.
- You have an open and mercyful heart for people in misery.
- You are in a physical and psycological healthy condition.
- You can assimilate with a group and you are ready to give yourself for others.
organizational and financial requirements
- You are willing to spend a weekend of training in advance. A detailied briefing will be at spot.
- You accept that the whole outreach and accomodation is organised by NOIVA.
- You manage to pay the costs for your participation and your flight on your own (or you can count on private sponsors). Without the flight, all your costs are about 540 JOD (760 USD) per week.
- If you live in Switzerland, we are happy to help coordinate your flight to Jordan and back (about 650 to 800 CHF, depending on current airfares). If you do not live in Switzerland, you are responsible for your flight to Amman, Jordan, and back.
I agree with the following statements:
- I bear responsibility for the outreach in Jordan. I understand that NOIVA will not assume any liability. Insurance and vaccinations are in my own responsibility.
- To be informed for safety reasons I can register myself on www.itineris.eda.ch. This is not obligatory.
- I will fully follow the instructions of persons in charge.
- I will follow the daily structure and the timetables (safety reasons).
- I am considerate of families and children. Where ever I can support I will do so. I accept to be part of a community and to be supportive in it.
- I understand and accept that NOIVA can cancel my application and my participation if due to my behavior the goals and/or the safety of the outreach are at risk.
- Important: We count on your liable application.Please get clear with any questions or reserves before you apply. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
- If you have to cancel your application before we have sent our acceptance, please let us know immediately. In this case you will not have to pay the costs.
- If you get the acceptance to join the team you will get further informations and the precised dates of outreach. Your application becomes binding.
- NOIVA reserves one’s right to reject an application without any informations about the reasons.
- The start of any project is relying on the state of funding.